Jennifer Aniston’s fears after stalker crisis

The actress accidentally leaked personal information on her social media account.

Words by Grazia 

Jennifer Aniston

Jennifer Aniston hasn’t been having an easy time recently. Recently, a 48-year-old man was charged with stalking and vandalism after crashing his car through the gates of her Bel Air mansion, and sending her unwanted voicemail, email and social media messages since March 2023. And sadly, it’s not the first time Aniston has been through similar – back in 2010, she obtained a restraining order against a man who thought he was in a relationship with her.

But fans were recently concerned for the actress – as it seems she unknowingly revealed a private detail in an Instagram snap. (You might remember, Aniston broke the internet when she joined the platform in 2019, with her first picture being a Friends cast reunion picture.) While uploading a ‘Sunday Funday photo dump day ☀️❤️‘ post, the 56-year-old actress accidentally revealed a personal phone number.

How did the number slip? Aniston posted a pic of her extremely cute rescue labrador Lord Chesterfield – and followers were quick to notice one of the tags on the collar had a number on it. ‘Maybe blur the second to last photo with the dog tag with a phone number visible,’ one fan wrote. ‘Phone number shows on dog tag, may want to delete!’ another warned.

An easy mistake to make, and Aniston later deleted the snap of the dog. The photo dump with her starry-group of friends – including Selena Gomez and Friends co-star Courteney Cox – still remains, and there’s another sweet picture of her rescue dogs in the carousel. (She also shared what she’s currently reading, which includes Tyler Merritt’s This Changes Everything and Debra Silverman’s I Don’t Believe In Astrology).

Earlier this month, it was announced Jimmy Wayne Carwyle, 48, is facing charges of felony stalking and felony vandalism. And if convicted as charged, he could receive up to three years in prison.

‘Stalking is a crime that can quickly escalate from harassment to dangerous, violent actions, threatening the safety of victims and our communities,’ Los Angeles County District Attorney Nathan J. Hochman said in a statement. ‘My office is committed to aggressively prosecuting those who stalk and terrorize others, ensuring they are held accountable.’

Carwyle – even though he is currently in police custody – has been ordered not to contact the actress, as well as staying 100 yards away from Aniston. He demanded a second opinion during a court hearing, after last week he was found mentally incompetent to stand trial. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Maria Cavaluzzi ordered a reevaluation, and set another hearing for May 29.

‘My office is committed to aggressively prosecuting those who stalk and terrorize others.’ 

Back in 2010, the actress told the BBC she felt ‘very secure’ after twenty-four-year-old Jason R. Peyton was arrested near her home in California, after he travelled across the US thinking he was going to marry Jen. Court papers say Peyton was found with love notes for the star, along with a sharp object and duct tape. In August 2010, she was granted a three-year restraining order against Peyton.

But she looked on the bright side she was asked about the risks of being an A-lister, as she told Radio 1’s Newsbeat ‘the positives are always going to outweigh the negatives’. ‘Everything we can do creatively and everything we’re able to do because of our public awareness affords us a lot of freedom to give back,’ she added.

On the work side of her life, according to sources, Aniston is currently focusing on the exciting task of getting big names to star in her latest project. A year ago it was first reported Aniston’s production company Echo Films were working on a remake of the hit 1980 comedy 9 to 5.

At the time, no plot details were revealed, but the original film starred Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton kidnapping their sexist boss, Dabney Coleman. (And yes, if it sounds familiar – the original 9 to 5 also loosely inspired one of the films Jennifer has starred in: Horrible Bosses).

A source told Grazia earlier this month that while Anisotn is a big fan of the film’s script, which has been written by Juno scriptwriter Diablo Cody, there’s been issues getting a director and lead actresses for the project.  ‘Jen loves the script to 9 to 5 but attaching other A-listers besides herself has proven challenging, especially when it comes to the red-hot younger generation of actors who need to come aboard to make this movie a hot ticket for older and younger women alike,’ the source tells us.

So, who would Aniston ideally want? Our source hints that she’s keen on ‘Zendaya and Sydney Sweeney’ – but, understandably, with both returning to Euphoria, Sydney cast in upcoming films The Valley and The Housemaid, and Zendaya set to star in Shrek 5 and Christopher Nolan’s The Odyssey, their schedules are pretty jampacked.

There had also been reports that Aniston had been looking at Wicked’s Ariana Grande for one of the leads. But when Grande was asked about the rumours she was attached to the project with Sweeney and Zendaya, she firmly denied any involvement, saying: ‘I’d love to work with all of them, but I think it would be really cool if we worked on something original.’

Photo: IMAGO